General Terms and Conditions
Social Held is an online platform that matches and connects non-profit organizations with individuals and businesses seeking volunteering opportunities in their local area. Social Held is represented online through a website: www.socialheld.at. Social Held is currently operated by Ms. Karolina Kartus (address: Anastasius Grün Gasse 11/40, Vienna 1180, Austria).
These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “Terms”) describe the principles that apply to anyone using the www.socialheld.at website.
Social Held has the right to change the services offered, and also to refrain from providing the current scope of services. Change of the Social Held’s scope and nature of services cannot serve as the basis for legal claims against Social Held. Social Held is entitled to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, users will be duly informed on updates.
1. Use of the website
Social Held brings non-profit organizations (Organizations) and volunteers (Volunteers) together. Both, Organisations and Volunteers are obliged to register with Social Held in order to create accounts on the matching platform. Organizations create accounts on the platform of Social Held to showcase and publish volunteering opportunities.Volunteers create accounts to have access to all volunteering opportunities published by Organisations. They may search through our database and sign-up for volunteering opportunities they are interested in.The role of Social Held is to enable communication between Organisations and Volunteers.
2. General usage restrictions
Both, Volunteers and Organisations, by accessing and using the Social Held website explicitly agree to:
- Abide by and comply with these Terms;
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, and any other
applicable regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it up-to-date;
- Use the website and the matching platform in a professional manner.
Both, Volunteers and Organisations, by accessing and using the Social Held website explicitly agree not to:
- Act in an unlawful or unprofessional manner in connection with the website, the platform, including being dishonest, abusive or
- Post Content that infringes upon any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, and
rights of publicity;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Social Held website, whether directly or through third parties (such as
search engines), without the consent of Social Held, except for the sharing of Social Held’s or user content made specifically available for
sharing through the website or the social media channels of Social Held;
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For
example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their
- Create a user profile for anyone other than yourself or other than on behalf of the Organisation or Company you are representing;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Interfere with the proper working of the website;
- Use Social Held website to generate spam, advertising, junk mail, chain letters or similar content or message;
- Collect or harvest any personally-identifiable information, including user or account names, from the website;
- Use any portion of the website as a destination linked from any unsolicited bulk messages or unsolicited commercial messages;
- Solicit contact information or other personal information from users you don’t know, without authorization;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/resell access to the website or related data;
- Use the website for tasks that it is not intended for.
3. Volunteers’ accounts
Volunteer registration is open to any natural person above 18 years old or a legal entity represented by a natural person above 18 years old.
Each volunteer is responsible for providing accurate information. By creating an account users agree to these General Terms and Conditions. The registration is confirmed with the valid email address.
Volunteers can cancel the user account on the platform at any time.
Social Held has the right to delete user accounts with incomplete registrations or data proven to be inaccurate.
Social Held has the right to contact Volunteers by email:
- To inform about a match between a Volunteer and a volunteering opportunity published by an Organisation;
- To request information missing that is required to complete a match with the relevant volunteering opportunity;
- To send updates about services of Social Held, new functions or Social Held’s news;
- To ask for feedback and / or to fill in surveys by the Volunteer.
Once the match is completed, Social Held passes Volunteer’s data to the non-profit organization. Completing a match means that Social Held
has fulfilled its obligations towards the users of the platform. From the moment of completing the matching process, Social Held is no longer
involved in the communication between the Volunteer and the Organisation and, therefore, is not responsible for what happens after the
4. Non-Profit Organizations’ accounts
After registration, the information provided by the Organizations will be verified by Social Held. Social Held reserves the right to get in contact with the Organization to confirm information provided and for any questions relating to the Organisation itself and / or volunteering opportunities made available by the Organisation. Profiles of the Organizations are public and can be accessed by the Volunteers Once the registration is confirmed, Organizations can publish volunteering opportunities. By publishing them organizations are required to provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information (title, description, date, location, skills & German level needed, additional offering and needs).
Once the Volunteer signs up for the volunteering opportunity, to ensure high quality of a volunteering experience, Organizations are required to respond within 24 hours after receiving the notification from the Volunteer. Organizations should put maximum effort to provide for the best volunteering experience and to meet the expectations of the Volunteer on the basis of the information published by the Organisation about the volunteering opportunity on the Social Held website. Social Held reserves the right to promote the Organization and individual volunteering opportunities via Social Held’s social media channels. Social Held reserves the right to obtain feedback and survey Volunteers to learn about their volunteering experience with the Organization in order to improve services in the future. This information might be shared with the Organizations.
The content of the Social Held website is protected by copyright and other property rights. Social Held respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the website to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. It applies to the content provided by Social Held, Volunteers and Organizations. The content shall be used according to the legal provisions.
Social Held reserves the right to remove any content from the website that is alleged to be infringing or otherwise illegal without prior notice and at its sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, Social Held will also terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
Social Held’s liability is limited to the content posted on the website that is created and published by the Social Held’s team. Social Held is not responsible for the legality of the content created by the users. Volunteers and Organizations are required to provide text and visual material that is lawful, respectful of copyright and appropriate. Social Held will randomly check the content and in case of violations of the law it will immediately remove such content without prior notice. In the meantime, Social Held is not obliged to carry out contect checks.
7. Term and termination
Unless terminated explicitly, these General Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect while you use any of the services provided by our platform.
Users may delete their account and with it all content associated with such an account at any time. Deletion of the user account is deemed to be a termination of the legal relationship under these General Terms and Conditions.
Social Held reserves the right to delete the user account at any time on the basis of violating any provision of these General Terms and Conditions, which will also mean the termination of legal relationship under these Terms.
8. Applicable law and place of jurisdiction
These General Terms and Conditions, as well as all mutual rights and duties resulting therefrom, as well as any claims arising from the use of Social Held website shall be subject to Austrian substantive and procedural law. All disputes relating to these Terms shall be solved by the local court in Vienna, Austria.